Welcome to our Ibiza Spring break 2024 activities and events guide! In Spring, Ibiza offers an exclusive experience. Tourism hasn’t hit its peak yet, businesses are gearing up for the season, and the weather is warm and pleasant. The white island takes on shades of yellow and purple due to blooming flowers, contrasting with the predominant green landscape.
Heading north, away from the capital and Sant Antoni de Portmany, the lively nightlife fades into tranquility. Rural areas take over, offering a quieter, traffic-free Ibizan experience. Uncrowded beaches in spring provide a sense of privilege, with colourful lizards on the sand. It’s a quiet retreat, perfect for enjoying the birdsong away from the urban buzz.
Enjoy nature and crystal clear waters without overcrowding of tourists
In this article we will share with you some of our absolute favourite activities to do during your Ibiza Spring and Easter break 2024. If you’re still looking for your ideal Ibiza villa for your stay, we’ve got you covered too; check out the best Ibiza Spring Villa deals below:
Enjoy an exclusive picnic in Ibiza this spring with panoramic views of the Mediterranean. Total privacy, basket with local delicacies, from cheeses to wines, all carefully selected. Personalized attention for a unique experience on the beautiful island.
Outdoor activities & Produce Markets
Spring in Ibiza is ideal for enjoying water sports such as kayaking and paddle surfing in clear, calm waters. Fewer tourists offer a serene atmosphere on beaches and coves, allowing you to explore the coast without the crowds. Additionally, the season is conducive to hiking, with pleasant weather conditions and lush landscapes, creating a unique experience that combines water sports and exploration of the island’s natural beauty.
The Produce Markets are the perfect choice to explore a wide range of unique items, carefully grown, made or locally sourced on the beautiful island of Ibiza. These ones stand out:
- The Forada Market, which opens its doors every Saturday of the year from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., located in the Buscastell area.
- The Sa Coperativa Market is located at the beginning of Camí de Sa Vorera, in Sant Antoni de Portmany, and opens its doors on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The stalls at Mercat Nou, Mercat Pagès (on Vicent Serra i Orvay Street, 21-13) and Mercat Vell (in the La Marina area) continue to offer fresh products. These markets are open every day of the week in the morning, except Sundays.
- The Sant Josep de sa Talaia Market, which opens its doors every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the heart of the town, in front of the Town Hall, and the Sant Antoni de Portmany Market, which offers its products every Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the square behind the town church.
- Santa Eulària des Riu also has its traditional Market, located on Calle del Sol, open every day of the week in the mornings, except Sundays.
On the other hand, we have the markets, called "Hippymarkets or second-hand markets"
- The vibrant Sant Jordi market takes place at the Sant Jordi racecourse and offers handmade and secondhand items. Hours: Every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Las Dalias, located in Sant Carles, north of Ibiza, open every Saturday (all year round). Las Dalias’ Ibiza Spring 2024 Schedule: April and May: Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Punta Arabí Hippy Market, the oldest and largest in Ibiza, is held on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Punta Arabí hotel complex, Es Canar. Opens on the first Wednesday in April!
Enjoy traditional Ibizan food in restaurants where it is often impossible to get a table in the middle of summer
Make your Ibiza Spring 2024 the time you finally get to try out some of Ibiza’s most delicious dishes in the most unique and inspiring settings:
- S’illot des Renclí, an iconic beach bar with 33 years of history in Ibiza. They stand out for bullit de peix, a fish stew with soupy rice and a variety of fish. They offer delicious options such as striped, served or grilled grouper, in addition to the classic flaó dessert. The views and the warm atmosphere among pine forests make it a unique visit.
- Cala Mastella, known as El Bigotes, is an iconic restaurant in Ibiza founded forty years ago by Juan Ferrer. It offers bullit de peix with freshly caught fish in its llaüt. For a modest price, anyone can enjoy authentic fishermen’s food in its surroundings.
- In San Mateo, near a crossroads, is Juntos House, a modern farm-to-table Restaurant. San Mateo is ideal for taking walks and going on hikes, the ideal Ibiza Springtime activity.
- Casa Jondal, in the picturesque cove of the same name, offers the relaxed essence of beach bars. Using Mediterranean ingredients, chef Rafa Zafra and his team create homemade delicacies, from grilled fish to traditional stews. The culinary experience, simple but irresistible, combines seasonal products and the best ingredients from the sea. In addition to enjoying the best seafood, diners can relax with snacks or drinks in one of the most impressive settings in Ibiza.
The IMS Ibiza Summit Festival, Spring 2024
An appointment with electronic music in Ibiza this Spring, from April 24 to 26, 2024.
The International Music Summit Ibiza (IMS), the annual electronic music congress that brings together industry leaders, innovators and promises, announces a change of venue for its 15th edition in 2024.
The IMS will be held at the innovative Mondrian & Hyde Ibiza hotels, facing the turquoise waters of Cala Llonga, from April 24 to 26, 2024. Mondrian Ibiza, with direct access to the beach, will offer contemporary sophistication and luxury, exclusively for the delegates.
The Ibiza Medieval Fair, Spring 2024
Eivissa Medieval will be held from May 10 to 12, 2024 in the old town of Eivissa, known as Dalt Vila.
During the second weekend of May, the old town of the city of Ibiza is transformed into a medieval market where you can find street vendors, nobles, fakirs, snake charmers, magicians, witches, puppets, minstrels, jesters, knights, princesses, princes, dragons, falconry, artists and craftsmen, as well as typical food and drinks.
Tour the Renaissance walls of Dalt Vila, which are a World Heritage Site, discover the Phoenician town of Sa Caleta and the museum-necropolis of Puig des Molins
- Spring in Ibiza is perfect for exploring its historic outdoor treasures, such as the Renaissance walls and Dalt Vila Castle, both World Heritage Sites. Without tourist crowds, it is the ideal time to stroll along the cobbled paths of the majestic castle and enjoy panoramic views, immersing yourself in the architectural and cultural wealth of the island.
- The necropolis of the goddess Tanit, near the old town of Ibiza, is the best preserved funerary site in the Mediterranean, located in Puig des Molins. Founded by the Phoenicians in the 7th century BC, it reflects the closeness between the spaces of the living and the dead. Currently part of the Archaeological Museum, it has around 3,000 tombs from the Punic era, with only a small number visible, such as the mule hypogeums, discovered in 1946.
- Sa Caleta, 10 km west of Ibiza, is a Phoenician archaeological site, a World Heritage Site since 1999. Established in 654-650 BC. and abandoned in 600 BC, reveals foundations of stone buildings, known as the « southern quarter ". The buildings, about half a dozen, are grouped in narrow streets and courtyards, built with stone, adobe and flat clay roofs supported by wooden beams.
Spring 2024: Ibiza Club Openings
- On Saturday, April 27, 2024, Ushuaïa Ibiza will open its doors. Dancing outdoors and under the Ibiza sun, the most important artists in electronic music will be welcomed and we will dance with people from all over the world.
- The party will continue later that same day at the Hï Ibiza Opening Party. Joint tickets will be available that will take you from day to night through two epic events.
- Get your season’s first Ibiza Party tickets here.
The music season is welcomed in the last week of April and the first weeks of May, where the epic terrace of Amnesia and the magical garden of Dc10 will not leave anyone indifferent.
Ibiza Mountain Bike Race – March 29-31, 2024
XXIII TOUR OF IBIZA ON MOUNTAIN BIKE SCOTT BY SHIMANO 2024
From March 29 to 31, Ibiza will once again be the mountain bike capital with the Tour of Ibiza on MTB Scott by Shimano. The countdown to the twenty-third edition has already begun!
Registration opened on November 15. In this first period, each number will cost 180 euros. Discover the most famous island in the world in a unique way, exploring its countless roads and trails by mountain bike. The race direction prepares surprises and route variations for the faithful cyclists.
DATE: March 29, 30 and 31
Ibiza Marathon April 13, 2024
The Ibiza Marathon, a unique experience in the Balearic Islands, stands out as one of the main European marathons. Breaking the norm by running in the afternoon, runners will enjoy spectacular views during the 42,195 meters from Ibiza to Santa Eulària des Riu. The meticulousness in the details and the certification of the Royal Spanish Athletics Federation guarantee the quality of the event. The marathon weekend will merge sport, tourism and leisure, offering a special experience for runners and the island. Also in 2024, Ibiza Spring will welcome participants from all over the world, making this race a milestone in the island’s history and a benchmark for future marathons.
Fantasy Festival May 17-19, 2024
The second edition of the Fantasía Ibiza Festival will take place from May 17 to 19, 2024. This multidisciplinary art event in the streets of the Pitiusas, created by cultural activist Lucia Barbiero in collaboration with Ibiza City Council, attracts local and international artists.
Fantasía Ibiza Festival seeks to inaugurate the season with local and international talent, offering talks, workshops, live music, performance, live painting, exhibitions and more, with the aim of disseminating and valuing the art of Ibiza.
Reopening of Ibiza’s Bibo Park in Spring 2024
Ibiza Botánico, or the CIEF Botanical Garden, is a hidden natural oasis in the heart of Ibiza. Celebrating local flora diversity, it offers a relaxing and educational experience. Explore native plants, flowers, and majestic trees across various ecosystems. Interactive educational programs highlight the significance of conservation and the crucial role of plants and technology in our ecosystem. It’s a visit not to be missed! Open again from 1st April 2014.
This 2024 book your Ibiza Spring Holiday Villa with us!
The perfect spring or Easter getaway can be found in a holiday rental villa, which will offer you more than you can possibly imagine. Vacationing in a villa rental is an ideal option for a relaxing vacation with your family and friends, especially if you want privacy and the freedom to escape the crowds while enjoying all the island has to offer. Make 2024 the year you treat yourself to the Prestige Holiday Experience!